Black Handle?

Hi I've searched Usenet... the web... even asked a local mechanic and no one can tell me what the black plastic handle in the driver's foot well is on my

2000 Ford Ranger Anyone know?

If you need more details let me know! Thanks!

lkk

Reply to
Kirock7

It's a footrest.

Gerard

Reply to
geewhiz

for letting the spare tire down?? try reading your owners manual

Reply to
Falcoon

Good idea... I'll check it... but I have removed the spare before and the spare tire comes down like all Rangers that I know of (insert a portion of the truck's jack assembly and turn until tire is low enough to release.)

No one else has this?

Reply to
Kirock7

|Good idea... I'll check it... but I have removed the spare before and the |spare tire comes down like all Rangers that I know of (insert a portion of |the truck's jack assembly and turn until tire is low enough to release.) | |No one else has this?

Did you mark the "007 Convenience Group Option Pkg" on the order form? Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Well, taking a real good look with a flashlight and on a bright sunny morning I can see that the handle seems to be connected to a wiring harness block on the opposite side of the firewall (engine compartment)... why it looks like a handle that can be pulled out I'll never know. Maybe that's where the computer lives?

lkk

Reply to
Kirock7

Reply to