Blocked coolant passage in 1985 6.9L Diesel Ford

Hello,

Just purchased a decent running 1985 Ford F-250 with the 6.9 litre International Harvester Diesel engine to haul my boat to the ramp. It was cheap and only looked like it needed a weepy water pump replaced and some new tie rod ends.

Well I pulled off the old pump and found the top drivers side coolant port is smelling burnt and void of any coolant like the others. I suspect its blocked somehow.

Anyone experienced this before or have the schematics to the coolant passages in the engine?

How doomed am I? What should I do?

Good Times,

Michael

Reply to