blower in truck

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone had some ideas as to the problem or had experienced this before and knows how to fix it. Let me begin.

A while ago (1-2 years ago) I started loosing some speeds on the blower fan. For the last 6 months I've had only high speed. No problem, just changed the blower motor resistor yesterday, and all the speeds are back now (when the blower is working).

Something funny started about 2 weeks ago, I'd get in the truck and the fan would work, then I'd park, and get back in, the fan didn't work. In fact, on occasion the fan wouldn't work, but I left it turned on, and 20 minutes later as I drove the fan would just start. Even this morning, the fan worked during a trip, and then after stopping the truck for a while and restarting it, the fan continued. But right now, nope, it stopped again on its own and just won't start. There doesn't seem to be any consistency with weather conditions either.

Yesterday I was testing things out and found that when power went to the fan motor, it worked fine, but there wasn't always power going there. So, perhaps something in between. Just to note, I've also jiggled around the control panel with the fan switch and heater/ac controls, nothing seems to change there.

Could it be a relay? Are there more than one?

Any ideas?

Chris

Never-mind, found the problem. Relay in the front of the truck by the bumper...corrosion.,..

Reply to
Chris

I have the same problem. I've been wiggling my switch with good results.

Reply to
Joe

Just a thought...see if the relay by the bumper in the front has any corrosion.

Reply to
Ernie Sparks

Just a thought ... why don't you quote so that others can follow along and know WTF it is you are talking about?

Reply to
Tyrone

Jeez Tyrone. Get a life. That was with tongue firmly planted in cheek. Don't you just follow a thread when reading these? Besides, including every response in a thread gets to be so long it becomes boring....sort of like some who post.

Reply to
Ernie Sparks

True, but including the pertinent parts (like the specific parts your'e addressing) makes it easy to follow along.

I have no idea what the original subject of this thread was/is since there are so many new threads in so many groups I particiapte in each day.

Quoting a portion isn't rocket science....

Reply to
invalid unparseable