blowing spark plugs

A neighbour was asking me about my truck and how I liked it and so on. I've got a 99 F150 Supercab 4x4 with a 4.6L and the offroad package and

160,000 km on the clock. He is looking at a 2002 F150 Supercrew 4x4 with a 5.4L and the trailer towing package and about 48,000 km on the clock. He asked me if I knew of any of the stuff that might cause him headaches down the road. All I could think of off the top of me head was the stuff I had read about the 5.4L engine blowing spark plugs but I wasn't sure what years that was a problem on. As far as telling him any of the stuff I have had a problem with on my truck I told him the following:

- door cracks by the windows which were fixed under warranty

- digital odometer reading blinks in and out on its own which I fixed by resoldering the connector on the dash panel

- wipers will go all by themselves at times, haven't fixed this one yet but I probably will in the next week or two

- bushing backed itself out of the rear of my transfer case and screwed my transfer case and driveshaft, had to pay for this fix myself since Ford said it wasn't their fault even though there is a TSB out there about the bushing backing out of the transmission of the F150 4x2 and the Crown Victoria and the bushing back out of the rear of the transfer case of the AWD Aerostar due to excessive driveshaft flexing. I figured those were things that would probably have been addressed between 1999 and 2002 so he shouldn't have a concern about those. Can anyone enlighten me about the years for the spark plug issue and maybe mention any other stuff I should pass along to him? Thanks.

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

From what I have told, the blowing out of spark plugs was cured in the 04 and later 5.4L, at least I hope so as I own a 04 :)

Joe

Reply to
Joe G

Plug blowout is on the 5.4 only between '99 and '03

Bob

Reply to
Bob