Brakes

Hi guys I have a 92 f-250 4X4 and I need to change the front brake rotors my mechanic wants 75 a side is it all that hard ? does anyone know where I can find a manual online? ps I've changed a couple on other non 4 wheel drives but this looks way different! thanks Randy pss I just found this group you guy seem to know your fords

Reply to
Randy Marshall

Is he going to repack the wheel bearings for you too?

Sounds about right, price wise.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

I thought it was a good price. But if I can do it myself it would save

150 that I dont have right now and yes he would repack the bearings
Reply to
Randy Marshall

I can't say if it's too hard for you to do, I don't know your mechanical skill level, that being said, it is a straightforward process, provided you have the big socket for the bearing preload nut, and a pair of snap ring pliers.

Whatever you do, good luck.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

I'm going to get that big socket right now

Reply to
Randy Marshall

out."easy to

It's known as a snapring.

Reply to
Tyrone

Go get a Haynes manual for 12 to 15 bucks and do it your self for half the price of one side.

Reply to
fredzo