break lights wont work - Bronco

Hi, i have a 1987 full size bronco i have running lights flasher back up lights hazzards lights but no break lights i have power at the break switch on the pedal all fuses r good but still no break lights some 1 please help me :(

Reply to
Choice

Ok I assume(dangerous thing to do) that flasher means turn signals work You say you have power going to the brake light switch, when you push on the peddale do you have power coming out of the switch? If no, bad switch, if yes, then I would suspect the turn signal switch

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

They're brake lights, except when they don't work then they're broke lights but they are never break lights.

The Brake Light Swtich on the pedal goes through the Turn Signal Switch, then is fed to the brake lights. As a test, apply the brakes and move the turn signal stalk a little bit to see if you can find a place where the brake lights come on. If you can do this, the turn signal switch is bad. If you still can't get the brake lights to come on then the problem can either be the turn signal switch or a brokne wire between the brake pedal and the turn signal switch.

You said the Turn Signals work, is that right?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Exactly. Or, a damaged wire.

Reply to