Bronco II engine swap

Can anybody let me know if I can put a 5.0 out of a 1987 Ford Crown Vic into a 1986 V-6 Bronco II? I don't know if I have to have an adaptor plate for the engine/transmission and can I change the fuel injection over to carb with any problems? Thanks

Reply to
Rock Nuss

Hi, You need to have a look at

if anybody has done this you can probably find info here.

Reply to
Scott

Yes you can. I haven't done it, but I've seen a few of them.

Also, you can check out this site for some info and parts.

Good luck.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

From: "The Jones House"

I'd recommend against using the stock Bronco II tranny. It is a Japanese manufactured transmission and does not live long when mated to the original V-6 let alone a stronger V-8. This comes from experience, not hypothetically. Contact advance Adapters in California for the adapters and specs. They've got kits for exactly what you are looking at doing. Contact info is below. Good luck and take plenty of pictures.

Advance Adapters Inc.

4320 Aerotech Center Way Paso Robles, California 93446 Phone:805-238-7000 (Toll Free:800-350-2223) Fax:805-238-4201 snipped-for-privacy@advanceadapters.com

pj

it lives very well, provided the oil level is checked and maintained

let alone a stronger V-8. This comes from experience, not

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer