camshaft position sensor

Ok guys, I've looked high & low on my 2000 Ford Excursion 7.3L, and cannot find this sensor. Can someone please describe to this dummy how to locate it? many thanks, steve

Reply to
STP

Its on the right front side just above the crank pulley.

Its hold down by a bracket that looks like a timing pointer and a M8 bolt with 10mm head.

MAKE SURE YOU GET ON THE BOLT STRAIGHT with a 6-point socket otherwise you're gonna hate yourself for couple of days.

Reply to
johanb

HOLY COW, finally found it.......thanks. Looks like it'll be somewhat difficult to replace due to location. Guess you get at it from below & kind of feel your way.......right? thanks!

Reply to
STP

The second one is very easy to do ;-)

I use a 1/4" drive, 6 point socket with a short extension. YOu do not want to damage the head of the bolt!

Reply to
Peter Arnold

Pete, OT, but I went to grade school in Windsor...a LOT better than Hartford!

Steve, I carry a spare in the glove box since the first failed...under warranty at least.

bradtx

Reply to
bradtx

mmmmm mine's past warranty, but I just got one off of ebay to carry in the glovebox, just in case. will probably fail under the nastiest of conditions though. ;-(

Reply to
STP