Carb Question

I have an '82 F-100. It has a Model YFA-1-V Carb. On the air horn there is a 'Hot Air Choke Inlet'. The line leading from it is rusted off. It is a metal line like gas/brake line. My question is where does this connect to the engine? I can't locate the other end and the books so far have been of no help.

Papote2

Reply to
John

Assuming one of the 6 bangers since you didnt say, goes to exhaust manifold just about below the carb.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

the heat raiser tube goes to the exhaust manifold or it's shield. the heat opens the choke fully. many carbed vehicles get the old 'manual choke' after problems in this area.

Reply to
samstone

This is/was a common problem and there is/was a repair kit to fix it. Check with you local parts stores. If the kit isn't available locally; check JCWhitney(online). The kit contains new Aluminum tubing that you have to bend into the same configuration as the original and a fitting that is installed in the exhaust manifold where the rusted/broken tube originally terminated.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

"John" wrote: ( '82 F-100 YFA-1-V Carb )

On the air horn is a 'Hot Air Choke Inlet'. The metal line leading from it is rusted off. Where does this connect to the engine? I can't locate the other end. _____________________________________________

Assuming one of the 6 bangers since you didnt say, goes to exhaust manifold just about below the carb.

If it's a V8, it goes to the intake manifold just below the carb, in the exhaust manifold crossover area.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan