cash for clunkers

I am looking at the sticker for my 1999 Ranger XLT Supercab 4/2 with a 4.0L,

5spd auto with o/d trans.

It says 16mpg city and 21 mpg hwy.

According to this "cash for clunkers" bill that just passed, 18 mpg combined can get you up to $4500 credit for a vehicle with 5 mpg better gas mileage.

I have to admit it would be a shame to scrap this thing but it needs a new head gastket and has rust all over the place. I doubt if I could sell it for much more than $4500 with the head gasket fixed.

Does anyone here know what the combined mpg is, with info I provided?

I am ready for a new truck even if it means getting a 4 banger.

Reply to
mark

Yours is 18.5. You split the difference between city and highway. I thought the credit for $3500 was 4 to 10 mpg better then the trade in. , and over 10mpg better was $ 4500.

Reply to
None4U