clutch pedal too high on 1993 Ranger

I just picked up an imaculate 1993 ranger 4 x 4 ext cab P/U. It has the 4.0l v6 with 5 speed manual transmission. It just had a clutch installed about 20k miles ago.

Question is this. After just driving around a bit today, the clutch works great but it seems that the pedal is just sitting too high requiring quite the "knee bend" to get my foot up on it to depress it. It sits about 1" higher than the brake pedal. Is this normal or adjustable? It's just a bit uncomfortable to operate is all. Thanks, Rick

Reply to
Rick

What I did to my clutch pedal is to replace the thin orginal stop with a thicker piece of rubber to the upper stroke and screw down a hunk of conveyor belt to the floor under the carpet, both. :)

The upper piece of rubber I used is a vibration isolator* that I cut off one plate from it. You decide where you want the pedal to travel "from and to" and customize the sucker yourself. :)

YMMV since mine's a mechanical clutch and can be adjusted to operate in any position... yours might be hydralic and I don't know about them. :/

*You know those rubber thingys with two steel plates (and welded threaded studs) vulcanized to the piece of rubber in between. ;)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

Very Creative guy you are!

I'm sure yet having just go the vehicle today, But I'm assuming mine is a hyd clutch. I going to go out a get a manual for this truck soon.

Any recommendations, on a good manual for a 1993 ranger?

Reply to
Rick

Or a new one from

Warren

:]

I used one of them first by cutting it exactly in half and used it to make my tailgate snug and not rattle. The original rubber bumper was smaller and hard as a rock and too thin too. (used a homemade "bench grinder" to shape rubber)

I also came up with a way to stop the folding-metal tailgate supports from rattling too using a couple hunks of heater hose.

So what right? :) But I worked over 3 hours on the design and 15 minutes actually installing it. If that sort of stuff could be shared, I figured, that would be soooo cool. :)

When I feel good enough to actually do something I like working on my '75 F150 pickup (my only vehicle) or making/fixing knives.

Alvin in AZ (retarded signal ape) (retired railroad signal department)

Reply to
alvinj