Coolant problem

I put my 1981 E350/460cu/in box truck in for Fall service Tuesday. New plugs, wires, cap, hoses, belts, coolant flush. Didn't drive it yesterday. Today it began blowing coolant onto my windshield from the defrosters.

Before I blow a gasket of my own, where do I start to look for problems? Is it possible that the flush damaged the heater core?

Thanx, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Townsend

Sure sounds like it.

Chris

Probably not, It may have simply had it's holes plugged by the sludge and slim that normally collects in the cooling system. All the flush did was clean the system and remove the slim from a strategically unfortunate location. Whatever the case, it sounds like you will be needing a new heater core.

Reply to
lugnut

I'm thinking in terms of the cleaner cleaning away the "stop leak" additive that was doing it's job. But don't know. :/

Don't go blowing a gasket and starting yet another leak ok? ;)

It's got to be easier than a heater core fix on my '75 F150 with factory air ok? ;)

You see... In '75 with factory air, they started by putting the heater core on the assmebly line and then built a pickup around it. :)

No sweat here, I now know how to best work on it... first remove the inner fender apron and it's easy as pie after that. :)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj