cruse oontrol

I had a Ranger 96 with a 4. liter in it until I recently bought a new F150 crew cab. The cruse control seemed to kept the ranger at a constant speed even going down hill with out stepping on the brake most the time. My new F150 I have noticed doesn't kept the adjusted speed very well. I have to use the brake quite frequently. Does this have to do with the extra weigh of the truck, or is there something wrong with the control?

Reply to
gary

I know my car with automatic transmission will go into coast mode and gain speed going down a hill.

But my brother's car with automatic transmission locks the torque converter when in overdrive, and holds back instead of coasting.

Prehaps you're seeing a similiar effect.

Reply to
emcook