Cupholders: 1996 F350

I have a nice '96 F350 XL Crew Cab that I enjoy driving. Nech seats, no cnsole, so no place to set mycoffee in the morning. I've loked at Pep Boys for a suitable cup holder of some kind, but nothing fits the floor hump due to the angle. Is there a good OE or aftermarket item that will give me a stable place to set my coffee cup ? Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

You could do what I did. Make your own. The trick with my truck ('03 ranger) was getting the curve right for the hump, but I used thin cardboard to get a pattern, and then cut it out of 1 inch pine stock.

Plasyd

Reply to
Plasyd

I could do that. In fact I have a wooden one for my F150 that I do not use. I culd probably modify that. But the interior is all grey plastic and black rubber. Oddly, I'd prefer plastic so it would match ;) Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

Make patterns out of cardboard for it and then find a tin banger (sheet metal shop) to bend/build one for you. Have it upholstered or powdercoated to match the existing interior.

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

||On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:04:06 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEtxol.net (Rex B) ||wrote: || || ||>I could do that. In fact I have a wooden one for my F150 that I do not use. I ||>culd probably modify that. But the interior is all grey plastic and black ||>rubber. Oddly, I'd prefer plastic so it would match ;) ||>Texas Parts Guy || ||Make patterns out of cardboard for it and then find a tin banger ||(sheet metal shop) to bend/build one for you. Have it upholstered or ||powdercoated to match the existing interior.

I could fab it myself. I was hoping someone knew of an OE r aftermarket option that worked really well. I figured the XLT version f this truck had to have a cupholder of some kind. I mean, it's un-American! Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

Hit up the wrecking yards. There's GOT to be a wrecked truck out there with a center console.

Have ya tried JC Whitney?

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

To each his own. That makes America great. :-)

I just like the touch of wood in there. Seems to connect to something more "organic" than plastic or steel.

Plasyd

Reply to
Plasyd

||On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:02:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEtxol.net (Rex B) ||wrote: || || ||>I could fab it myself. I was hoping someone knew of an OE r aftermarket option ||>that worked really well. I figured the XLT version f this truck had to have a ||>cupholder of some kind. I mean, it's un-American! ||>Texas Parts Guy || ||Hit up the wrecking yards. There's GOT to be a wrecked truck out ||there with a center console.

All the OE consoles I've seen were used with bucket seats. This would have to go on the hump between seat and dash.

||Have ya tried JC Whitney?

No, mostly because I'd rather see it before I buy it. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

My bad. I didn't know you had the bench seat.

hehe, I hear ya..

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego