Dash lights flicker

I have a 1999 F250 4X4 5.4 V8 with 60K miles. Recently the dash lights started flickering when the engine is at idle. The dash gauge seems normal, no unusual voltage drain etc. Could it be the alternator?

Thanks Bill D

Reply to
BD

Thanks Bill D

It sounds like the "Flicker Control Potentiometer" is slightly out of adjustment.

Reply to
Tyrone

I can only guess, but you can get someone to check the alternator. Does the truck appear to be idling at a fast enough speed? Maybe if it was close to quiting it might do that or maybe a bad belt.

Clark

Reply to
Clark

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 20:12:45 -0600, "BD" wrote.

I had flickering lights once, it ended up being the water pump bearings going out.

Reply to
clemslay