Dashboard lights - Instrument cluster 98 F150

My instrument lights are in the process of burning out one by one. I would like to change them all at once so I don't have to do this everytime a bulb goes out. Can anyone tell me how many bulbs there are lighting the panel and any recomendations on changeing them. I have done this on a couple of older Chevys but this is the first time I've had to change out bulbs on a Ford, any tips would help.

1998 F-150 XLT Reg Cab 4x4 5-speed Stepside Short box Instrument panel has tach.

Thanks.

Del.

Reply to
Del

I'm about to do the same thing on my 1997 F-150. I'm pretty sure that if you have a Haynes auto repair book for your 1998 F150 it should give you the quantity as well as useful tips on how to go about the whole process.

My biggest concern is how to get to the bulbs... from what I understand it's not exactly easy to get in there to replace the bulbs.

Eric

Reply to
Eric