desperate...too much pressure in valve cover blowing oil out

blowing oil out into air filter box...alot of oil..engine runs smooth no loss in horsepower or compression. 1995 f350 460 7.5 super 2wd dually help

Reply to
chad189

IIRC the culprit(s) is(are) the pcv valve or the egr system. Replace the pcv valve and clean the egr circuit.

Dave Dodson

Reply to
Dave D

I agree on the PVC valve but disagree on the EGR. Also it is plossible to have a lot of blow by and still have good compression sometimes. IF PCV valve is good, you have more serious problems

TheSnoMan

check the pcv valve for plugged up. old john

Reply to
ajeeperman

I'm kind of ignorant of the 460, but I do know that a PCV system clog will do as you describe. Check not only the pcv valve but any hoses, etc. to and from it. Also, there may be a screen under the valve. That's the way the 302's were at least. They had a metallic screen filter under the grommet and it would clog with carbon. Like I said, I dunno if the 460 was that way or not, but it was an often overlooked item on the 302's PCV system.

CJB

Reply to
CJB