Diesel fuel leak , top of engine, question...

I have a ford 1996 with a 7.3l powerstroke engine. This is my first diesel, so the language I use may be incorrect, my problem is:

If I'm looking in the engine bay, the front right fuel hose (steal line that delivers diesel to the injector) is leaking. When I drive (and the engine revs up) diesel gets thrown everywhere around the engine. I'm hoping the fix is as easy as replacing a rubber gasket.

Thank you.

Reply to
newworldactor

Me too. But it might be a crack in the line or a busted fitting. No one here can properly diagnose it without seeing it, but you're on the right track. You'll need to clean everything up and watch it while someone revs it to be sure.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo