Do I Have Keyless Entry? 1998 F150

I bought a used 1998 F150 XLT. It has power door locks. The previous owners did not provide a keychain remote, nor do they know whether there ever was one.

Before I go out and buy a set of remotes, how can I find out if my truck is equiped for keyless entry?

Thanks, AABob

Reply to
adam8ants

I believe the option shows up on the VIN. Do a google search

Reply to
Advocate

Reply to
David F. Mishiwiec Sr.

An easy way to tell could be to check if you can enter programming made for the keyless entry remotes. My old '98 Windstar and my '03 F150 used the same procedure. Put the key in the ignition and turn the key until the all the dash lights come on and then turn off repeating this up to

8-10 times until you hear the doorlocks lock and then unlock. I believe you can't take longer than three seconds between key turns otherwise you have to start all over. Once the doorlocks cycle you can program up to four keyless entry remotes.

If it does enter programm> I bought a used 1998 F150 XLT. It has power door locks. The previous

Reply to
David F. Mishiwiec Sr.