Does the tailgate on a 1966 ford bronco adjust up and down at bottom hinges

I need to know if you can adjust the tailgate up and down with the bottom hinges. one side of my tailgate is lower than the other side

Reply to
SAM

_____________>

of course

avagadro7

go to the library, look thru body shop manuals.

Sometimes adjustment is possible levering one side with a 2x4" supported with a fulcrum outside the door area.

The Ford I drive has adjuster carriages held by clips of the door panel.

Door bolts bolt into these carriages. I posted a photo of the carriages which are 3/8ths"x 3" ?

More often if you unbolt the door side bolts, you may see oblong holes those bolts feed thru. The oblongs are the adjuster areas, the door is held tight thru bolt pressure not location in a snug round hole.

avagadro7

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I misstated the 2x4....one end goes on the door sill, the door is ajar, then pull up on the free end raising the trailing open door side

Reply to
avagadro7