dome light cover removal

I have a 2003 Ford Ranger my problem is the dome light. The lights work but only when I turn on either drivers or passenger side. When I use my remote entry the lights do not turn on like they used to when I first bought the truck. Ok, with the door open I can tap the dome light cover with my palm and the lights will come on. This tells me their is some kind of shot or something is loose. But what I can't figure out is how do I get the dome cover off to look at the light and wires?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
hubcapconner

Not sure if they're the same, but on my '02 SD, the "dome" light is separate from the drivers/passengers reading lights. Could be the same in your Ranger and perhaps just the bulb is burned out.

I don't have this "feature" in my truck, but a couple of my other vehicles have a switch on the overhead that turns the dome light on, has it come on only when a door is opened or leaves it off all the time. Maybe you've got one of those and it's in the wrong position??

Lots of folks have had issues with sticking door switches too. Could be that.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Could be it's going in for it's service next week I'll let them figure it out. thanks for the reply

Reply to
hubcapconner