Door latch rattel '96 F250

Anyone found a succesfull repair/replacement for the catch bushing other then the replacing the entire catch?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Otis

I think you are talking about the striker when you say catch. It is the post that is screwed into the door frame body. It has a plastic covering around the shaft. That plastic bushing wears and eventually breaks and that results in the door latch rattling. This has happened on my '81 and I used a piece of hard plastic tube to replace the bushing. I don't remember what the tube was originally, but it has worked for a long time. Its not a soft tubing plastic nor hard that would break if you hit it with a hammer. The striker is replaceable if you want to go that route. Make sure to scribe or exactly mark the position of the striker if replacing that piece. Hope this is of some use......

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

Any place that carries Dorman/Motormite/Help parts will have a striker assembly, usually under $10. Lot easier, cheaper and faster just to replace it. at least in my book, time is money. The part number is Dorman 38448, or NAPA P/N BK 6755170

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning