Driveline "clunk" on 93 Ranger

When the truck has not been used for awhile there is this clunk noise when going to reverse or fwd. It only does it the first time after sitting. It is a 4WD 4.0 engine. I gave a hand test to the drive shaft but it did not seem to loose. Anything I can do to diagnose out here in the boonies?

Reply to
dave

mark schofield

I have this same sort of problem on my 01 SuperCrew and haven't been able to fix it yet. It makes a clunking noise as you start to slow down. Too bad its way out of warrarty.

Reply to
Octo

Grease the yoke. I had the same problem.

NES

Reply to
NES

I have a '95 Ranger 4x4, don't worry about it. They all make that noise and it doesn't hurt a thing.

Robin

Reply to
Robin Henderson