Dropping 90 E350 Driveline?

RE: 1990 Ford E350 Chassis/26' Tioga RV/auto/460

I would like to drop the 2-piece driveline as a unit in order to have 3 new u-joints installed and the drivelines balanced. I went to disconnect and the yokes do not have bolt-on cap straps like I'm use to seeing. The yoke tangs appear to be solid with compression rings visible on each cap. I've never dealt with this type of system before and am not sure how to remove the entire unit. Do I unbolt the center support and then slip the driveline and yokes off of the transmission spline & rear dif spline? Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you!

WJW

Reply to
WJW

You need to remove the rings and push the u-joint first one way and then the other to get the end caps free. (I usually use a socket that just fits and pound them out with a rubber hammer.) Once you do this, the rest of the u-joint can be worked out.

Matt

99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Reply to
Matt Mead

NEVER MIND!!!!! Easiest driveline I've ever removed...took only 10 minutes and the whole assembly drops out in one unit.

WJW

Reply to
WJW