E-350/460ci/1989/Heater Hose

I just replaced a heater core and one of the heater hoses has a metal T-fitting with a smaller hose runing down into the engine somewhere. Where does it go and what is its purpose?

I can trace it with a good bit of difficulty but it's easier to post and find the answer the easy way, I think.

Thanks in advance, Confirmed Lurker

Reply to
tgbyrd

It goes to the heater-core filter. You really need to replace the filter if you've replaced the heater-core. It's easier to replace than posting a question and then admitting that you're a lazy *%$###@@*&^!!! web-tv-er.

Reply to
BOB

So what year did they start putting filters in the heater line. Never hear of one before or is this the same as a muffler belt.

BOB wrote:

Reply to
user

Not exactly the same, but very similar.

Reply to
BOB

Bob wrote "%$###@@*&^!!! web-tv-er. Gee thanks Bobbuh for your help, you're all heart and full of the milk of human kindness.

Your jealousy of Webbies is very touching but try not to let it show, hear?

Lurker

Reply to
tgbyrd

Fortunately there are no laws, as yet, making it a crime to be a jerk. Also fortunately, there are few of his kind in this group, so don't let his idiotic behaviour put you off. Most everyone here, attempts to help folks with problems. Hope yours has been solved by now.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

Some (like *you*) don't include attachments and/or HTML in their posts to text only newsgroups.

BOB h a n d

Reply to
BOB