E-350 problem with turn signal and brake lights

A few days ago I bought an RV that is on a 1995 Ford E-350 chassis. All lights checked good. First thing I did was rent a car trailer to haul my car back to the next state. When I plugged that in to the vehicle the left rear turn signal stopped working and the left indicator flashed faster. Assumed the lamp was bad and replaced it...no change. No change when the trailer plug pulled. Drove it home and tried not to signal a left turn in front of any cops..

Today I checked the voltage at the wire where it splits between the two bulbs for the left turn lights...nothing. Tried the hazard flashers and all turn signals and the brake lights stopped working. No indicators, nothing. Head and tail lights and reverse light work.

Checked all the fuses...good. The only thing that looks like it might be a flasher is a small black cube next to the fuse block. Couldn't get it off and the way the day was going didn't want to force it.

I'm guessing the turn signal switch assembly...but would love to hear about some simple and cheap fix. Whack it along side the head or something.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve Lambert

Reply to
Steve Lambert

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 17:56:26 -0700, Steve Lambert rearranged some electrons to say:

That would be one of the relays for the trailer harness.

Reply to
david

Thanks,

The fuse block has a round depression at one end that is about the diameter of a normal flasher, but there is nothing in it.

I'll poke around a bit more tomorrow. I read a bunch of posts in this group today and saw several mentions of the flasher being on the back of the fuse block. Will look there.

Reply to
Steve Lambert