E-350 Speed Limiter

I am attempting to limit the speed on an '05 E-150 cutaway 6.0L diesel to

20-30 mph, while maintaining all low end torque. Does anyone have any ideas how this can be done with equipment that already exists? I know that no one makes a "tuner" or programmer for the vans yet, but I am thinking there may be another way to tweak the speed governor. Thanks
Reply to
rts9364

"rts9364" had writtennews: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkabouttruck s.com:

Why not just leave it in low gear?

Reply to
Barney

I have to limit the speed to 20-30mph no matter what. We build people movers, the truck will be pulling up to 115 people. I have to make it idiot proof. If anyone has any ideas or connections where I can get a chip burned I am game.

Reply to
rts9364

Hum...I know that the chip upgrades for trucks, etc, will allow you to alter the top speed limit. I just don't know if it would allow you to alter it downwards that much. I don't see why not, though. Why don't you contact some of the distributors of the performance chips and ask them? Now...since I tend to distrust computers a bit, I would simply bolt a guide for the shift lever to keep the truck from going into anything but first and reverse. Now...though...of course, this would NOT work

Reply to
Dave Mundt