E40D

i am new to the group,so if this is a repeat qustion i am sorry I have a 90 f150 4x2 4.9 that i just blew the tranny out of witch is the e40d my qustion is can i put in a c6 tranny in??? if the computer works with the e40d what will it do to how it runs? if any???

does any body know where i can find a used e40d in michigan at a good price?

thanks for any help

Reply to
Jeff

you can put in a C6 if you don't care about mileage, about running your engine at 40% more RPM than it used to fro a given highway speed, and having the 'check engine' light on all the time

best advice: find a good independent transmission shop that does a lot of trucks, and have it fixed

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Delivered to your door OR to the shop of your choice.

Reply to
Steve Barker

and when it craps, you have to have it pulled and returned to Jasper before they will even discuss warranty coverage

guess who pays labor and freight, even if they admit to a defect ?

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

That's an excellent point Gary. Back a few years ago bought a Jasper rebuild for an International Gasser. Installed it, fired it up..... And oil could not have possibly leaked out of the rear main seal any faster than it did. This was immediately upon startup. There was no way in hell that unit could have been tested. Called Jasper, they said return unit for warranty inspection. Had to BUY another engine and waited 12+ weeks to get our $$$ back for the first one - this was after we threatened legal action. They stonewalled us all the way, never did admit the engine had a faulty main seal. Between the labor we pissed away changing engines and the time wasted trying to get our money back we would have been better off with a new unit from IH. It will be a cold day in Hell when I buy another Jasper rebuild.

Reply to
bomar

Jasper pays the labor even if you do it your self. There is never a shipping charge no matter what, and they will send you a tester and/or a cooler flusher for free if you ask. They've always (3 times) sent me a replacement and then evaluated the return unit after the fact.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Apparently we're talking about two totally different places. Jasper runs every engine that leaves their plant. I've taken the tour and it's quite impressive. When was this alleged incident?

Reply to
Steve Barker

Forgot to mention. During the last snow push we had one fail that had been in about 24 months. It was one of the older ones only warranted for 18 months, just before they went to the 36 month 75,000 mile (even on commercial under one ton) warranty. We pleaded our case and they sent us a replacement THE NEXT DAY for $500.

Reply to
Steve Barker

There was no ALLEGED incident. It happened. Jasper rebuild of an IH 345 gas in a 1975 Loadstar that had been run out of oil (valve cover gaskets developed a huge leak) by a n*****ts employee.

1987 was the year (longer ago than I thought - tempest fugit!) And no, they paid for NO LABOR to R&R. Same Jasper. Same logo.

Reply to
bomar

Hmmm.. Long time ago. I guess they've changed their M O.

Reply to
Steve Barker