easy way to change dash lights?

I have a couple of indicator lights out on the dash of my 86 F150 4x2, mainly the turn signal and an unknon light next to it. they are fairly high on the dash, so I was wondering if there is an easy way to get at them.

Reply to
tater schuld

Yes, I think it's all phillips and you'll (IIRC) have to pull the knobs off the headlamp and wiper switches. Tilt the wheel all the way down (if tilt of course) for better room.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Wow, you'd think that they would make that harder to change. did it in

15 minutes. more specificaly from 9:45pm to 10:00pm. In the dark. with only a phillips. with one hand holding a can of soda.

Note for future google searchers: the knobs got little spring retainers. find the little notch on the hub of the knob, and press with a lil dinky screwdriver to relieve pressure. or use a prybar and force them off.

Reply to
Tater Schuld