ecu/ecm programming

I have recently traded up to a bigger engine in my 94 F150 but neglected to get the computer with the engine. What I need to know can a tool such as Hypertech programmer help me correct this without having to locate a computer? I have also seen on Motorcraft.com a software program for the pc that can do this. Any opinions or advice on this problem would be appreciated. Mick

Reply to
Mbaker3039