EGR Valve Problem 1997 Ford Expedition

Hello everyone I have a question I have a 97 Ford Expedition and the check engine light came on so I went to my local Auto Zone to get the free check on it, and it came back "EGR Valve Insufficent Flow", so then I take it to my local mechanic just to get a 2nd opinion and yup his computer tell him the same thing "EGR Valve Insufficent Flow" so he tells me the best thing to do is just buy a new 1 cause they are cheap or try and clean it so I bought a new 1 and he told me once I put the new one on take off your battery connections for about 30-45 mins so you computer in the car can reset it self and I did that. Then it came back on so I went back to my mechanic and he tested it said the same thing "EGR Valve Insufficent Flow" does anyone know why its still saying that even though it has a BRAND NEW EGR Valve in there? what can I do to clear it up could it be the fuel lines are clogged or something like that PLEEEEASE HEEEEELP ME lol thanks everyone

Reply to
expeditionkiddo

partaks

Reply to
partaks

Very seldom does the EGR valve itself fail, usually it's plugged ports or a system that cant read correctly. On a ford 99% chance it's the DPFE sensor. High fail item.

Reply to
Steve H

Your fault is usually caused by a bad DPFE sensor or plugged EGR ports in the intake. The most common is a faulty DPFE. The EGR valve is seldom a problem. BTW, the DPFE is "cheaper" than an EGR valve in most cases.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut