Engine Quit

My 1994 F350 7.3l turbo diesel quit ( check engine light was on) on me a couple of months ago. The engine cranked fine but would not start. I tried several times in the following weeks until one day it started and ran fine (no check engine light). I let it idle for about and hour and then changed the oil.(3050mi) I took a chance and drove it to the nearest garage and had a diagnostic done. Codes were P0603, P0236,P0340 and P1211. Other then CPS (P0340) would any of the other codes cause a total failure like I experienced?

Reply to
ollie01

Yes 1211 could be the injection pressure regulator. Check the wires to it. It is located down in the valley down low, front drivers side of engine. If wires look ok R&R valve. Also P0603 is loss of battery power to the PCM. Which may have been caused buy cranking the engine a lot. 1211 can also be caused by low fuel pressure.

Reply to
TOBMA