Engine Swap

Hey, I have a 1987 Bronco that had a 351 W (carbureted) in it, but the engine recently blew up. I removed the engine, and I was wondering if I could put in a 1994 351 (EFI) engine in it. Is there any conversions I need to do? or tranny?

Thanks,

Will

Reply to
will.ekin

At Thu, 24 Oct 2013 20:02:11 -0700, will.ekin rearranged some electrons to write:

There are lots of things to consider: the powertrain control module will probably be expecting an electronically controlled transmission, the fuel system is different, the front accessory drives are probably different, etc. etc. etc.

Reply to
David

looking for a mudhole ?

for unknown reasons, old Bronco are often seen bumping along the outback.

Creative English language searches copied out of the following page will yield your info....and look in Google Books for manual.

why not go for adding a carb onto the FI motor ?

or a 460 ?

Reply to
avagadro7

add BRONCO ( or whatever ) and