Expedition Heat - None in Front, back ok

Novice hear.

1997 Expedition has heat in the rear but nothing but cold air in the front.

Any suggestions are where to start looking for the problem?

Thanks Todd

Reply to
Todd

Since no one else has said anything, I will throw some things out. I don't have an expedition, so I don't know how the controls work.

But, if there are not controls to change from front to back, the first thing I would guess would be a vacuum door not opening or closing. When you change the controls, do you hear noises like vacuum doors moving?

Do you hear the blower motor working and does the Expedition have to blowers?

Clark

Reply to
Clark

There are separate controls for front & back. Back works fine, front blows cold air.

Was playing around with it last night and turn on the AC with the temp set to hot. Started getting heat.

I'll check out the vacuum door idea. Sounds like it's something like this if I get heat out of the AC but not the regular way.

Thanks Clark.

Reply to
Todd

Check hoses just had someone have a problem with a Tarus and the machanic found bad hoses.

Reply to
Pete