Expedition warning chimes

I have a 2002 Expedition and it starts chiming about 20 seconds after being started. About 5 sets of 6 chimes. No warning lights just the chimes. The seat belts are secured. I have even followed the manual regarding turning off the chime for the belts but it did not work.

Reply to
bman2015

Are the interior lights coming on ?????

Might be a bad door ajar switch in 1 of the doors

Reply to
JohanB

No warning lights at all along with the chimes? I believe the seat belt reminder should flash the seat belt warning light along with the chimes. Is it a fast chime? If a bad door switch is causing the chimes, then the door ajar light should be flashing. As an experiment, try buckling both front seat belts (even if there is not a passenger). Do you still get the chimes?

I suggest you join the Expedition Owner's Mailing List and ask your question to that group. If it is a common problem, another group member is likely to have seen it. See

.

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to