Explorer Auto Climate Control (No Heat Output)

Have a 96 Explorer EB AWD V8 with the Automatic Climate Control. Over the last few days (and on occasion in the past) the blend door apparently is jammed or not receiving a vacuum signal to open.

When this has happened in the past, I've cycled the system to Max A/C then back to whatever setting I wanted and you could hear the door open and the heat would come on thru. I've tried this continually over the last few days to no avail. All the other panel doors are working as air flow is being properly directed to the selected locations.

I've removed the glovebox and eyeballed the vacuum lines. My Chilton's is not specific enough to allow me to ID which line controls the blend door, or if there are any check valves in the system I may need to look at.

My local dealer can't get me in until Tues, and a 60 mile commute with foggy windows is unsafe to myself as well as others.

Any ideas or directions on what else I can look at would be appreciated.

Vito

Reply to
Vito