F-150 CD player wont play home burned CD's

The CD player in my new 2006 F150 Lariat wont play home made CD's. My home burned CD's will play in ANY other player and any other car deck. I called the dealership, and they indicate that they have heard of the problem, but wont/don't offer any solution or answers. I want to know if the Ford CD players have been "crippled" as an anti piracy measure?

Reply to
4078south

My F350 won't play them if they were burned at too fast a speed. If I burn my CDs above 8X they error out, or just won't play.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

This is a common problem, it happens to many CD players, even some home units. Spdloader has a good suggestion. You can also try a different brand CD blank, some work better than others.

Also consicer asking your question at rec.audio.car.

Reply to
I. Care

I find that my CD won't play a CD-R unless it is a "silver" one. Any tinting of the color will prevent it from playing. I also find it sensitive to burn speed and likes disk burned at about half max rating or less. I have 3 different auto players and all have this problem to some extent. I have a $10 clearance bin portable cd that plays anything that will go in the slot. Go figure!

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Apparently burning your own CD is a crap shoot. I like to listen to audio books., I usually burn them as MP3 files on a cd. I've never had a problem with them playing on any of my vehicles (a Fords with a factory MP3 player) and a couple of aftermarket players. However, my SO's aftermarket CD player would not play the exact same CD that worked in my players. I never could figure this out. She solved the problem when she got a new car. It came with an auxiallry inpout, so now she just moves the MP3 files to Her MP3 Player and uses that.

My suggestion is to try a different brand of CD and lower the burning speed.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White