F-150 Steering Shaft?

Where can I find online, something that shows how the steering shaft for a

2001 F-150 is suppose to be assembled? I've done a Google, so I'm hoping that someone has a link or knows what I'm talking about.

The shaft in my truck feels loose when I wiggle it, and I'm beginning to feel a thumping in my steering wheel when I turn slowly. Anyone experience this before??

Thanks! Charles

Reply to
Charles B. Summers

Not sure if this will help but my 99 F150 had what sounds like the identical problem. It was the inner tie rod ends. I had the outers done around 125,000km and the inners done at 150,000km. Guess I could have had both inners and outers done at the same time but I was lucky and didn't even get charged for the front end alignment when I got the inners done since they knew I had just had the outers done and probably should have had the inners done then too. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

Weak tie rod ends.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Had this sound on my 1998 when it was fairly new. On the 98, there are two grease fittings. in the linkage. I think it is called an idler arm and the next link to it. (stabilizes the idler arm) I just shoot grease into it every 3000 miles when I change the oil. These were the only two grease fittings. The ball joints and tie rod ends have plugs. No more noise.

"ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy" <Troweller^noSPAM^@canada.com> wrote in message news:o6zie.3159$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
Larry Suddarth