F-150 SuperCrew 2001: Rear End

Is there something wrong with my rear end?

I've been losing traction from standing starts in even the slightest wet ground conditions; wasn't a problem in the past. It's especially jumpy when turning from a standing start.

I had Goodyear take a look at my tread and they weren't ready to sell me new tires; plenty of useful tread and legal on the current tires.

Not a car guy so not quite sure what's going on.

Reply to
Bryan

It's just your tires. They're getting harder (less grippy) from all that wear and heat history and aging.

Reply to
Joe

What year of truck do you have and what is your axle code on your door plate? An R usually indicates limited slip, and a number usually indicates open diff.

Could be that you have a limited slip differential and like Bryan said the rubber could be gettin hard.. How old are these tires, and how many miles you got on them?

Ford Tech

Reply to
Ford Tech

That and maybe driving habits too. Also pickups generally do not have very good traction in rear anyway when not carrying a load in bed either.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan