F-250 Engineproblem

I was running on Propane for over 1 Year because the fueltank was leaking. I changed the fueltank and fired it up but the whole engine is shaking like crazy. Sounds like its not running on all cylinders.changed the fuelfilter but still not better.found out that the EGR-Valve is not working. could that be the problem or maybe the fuelpump is not delivering enough fuel. would appreciate any help. thanks

Reply to
Joe2705

Were the fuel injectors in use with the propane? If not they can be stuck. (The last propane engine I messed with had air horn propane metering.)

Reply to
Chuck

no they where not involved.how do you check them?and can i fix them myself?

"Joe2705" wrote: > I was running on Propane for over 1 Year because the fueltank > was leaking. > I changed the fueltank and fired it up but the whole engine is > shaking like crazy. Sounds like its not running on all > cylinders.changed the fuelfilter but still not better.found > out that the EGR-Valve is not working. could that be the > problem or maybe the fuelpump is not delivering enough fuel. > would appreciate any help. > thanks

Reply to
Joe2705

My truck was built for Canada so the digital temp readout is in "C"..sort of like "25C"...what does that really mean. I know but I'd much rather see it in "normal" oF. In the manual it says the dealer can set this back to oF with some type of electronic tool. I took it in 2 more times (with SERVICE appointments) and the mechanics just left it parked for nearly an hour, so I picked up my keys and left.

Anyone know how I can reset this C>F reading myself ?

Reply to
Rudy