F-250 Rear Step Bumper (chrome)

Folks, Just inspected the Rear step Bumper on my 2003 F-250 SD FX4, and at nine months old and with only 2800 miles on the baby she is already Rusting on the inside and under those Plastic top step strips. The Dealer shot some pictures and claim "maybe" they can replace it. That was nice, seeing I already had removed it from the truck.

Question: Has anyone else seen these bumpers rust so soon? If so has Ford replaced it?

Vince

2003 F-250 SD FX4
Reply to
Spike457