F-350 XLT where is speed sensor? I have this vehicle with a 7.4l petrol engine and automatic transmission. Manufactured 94 but dealers in the UK have never seen one of these vehicles before. The vehicle speed guage does not register until I reach 20mph and then is fine. The gears are unable to cha

Please can you help. I am trying to locate the position of the vehicle speed sensor for a 1994 7.5l petrol automatic f-350xlt. The vehicle speed indicator does not register untill you reach 20 mph but works fine from then on. This results in a late high reving gear change which can be very uncomfortable. Dealers here in the UK are not familliar with this vehicle and have no idea where to look. I can't see it on the rear wheels, axle, front wheels or on the transmission. The service manual does not say where it is either. Please can someone help?

Reply to
smann89504

I don't know the answer, but, check the rear differential for an electrical connection. You might get lucky.

Reply to
Mellowed

I thought I replied from home, but it's not showing up on the server here, so this may be a repost...

I'm pretty sure you'll have VSS's at two locations.

First, look on the transmission where the speedometer cable input was on earlier models. They replaced that with the VSS. You should see wires leading to it.

Second, look at the rear axle. I'll admit I'm not as familiar with your full-floater, but on the several 8.8" axles I've had, there's a VSS on the differential up near the top. It reads a tone ring that's inside the diff itself. Again, you should see wires leading to it.

Lastly, if you go to

you'll find a good repair section. For many applications it has diagrams and descriptions. Also, while there, try looking up the VSS for your truck. There will most likely be a picture of it. At least then you'll know what you're looking for.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

Nobody asked if it's 4 wheel drive. Is it?

Reply to
Joe