F150 98 alloy wheels care Help!

I have a '98 f150 with stock alloy wheels. The driver side wheels have an etching or a oxidation layer that isn't severe but noticeable and irritating. the passenger side wheels look great. I've used several rubbing compounds on all four wheels (designed ether for chrome/alloy, or aluminum/mag) also some windex was sprayed on them at one point. I've done this both by hand as well as with a power wheel on a drill. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know a way to fix this (preferably at home)?

Thanks!

Reply to
eat411