F150 Air Conditioner Problem

I have an odd problem with the flow of the air conditioner. I had to have the front brake lines replaced because of corrosion, 77500K, in fact one actually perforated. Right after that the problem with the air flow began, maybe just a coincidence. The air flows from the panel just fine until I begin to accelerate, then the air is slowly deflected to the defroster and stays that way until I let off the gas. At that point flow returns to the panel. I can hear the doors changing. I checked the vacuum line from the vacuum booster to the junction at the intake manifold and found nothing loose and no evidence of rodent activity. I see nothing up under the dash board that looks loose or chewed. What are some possibilities? I guess it goes to the shop soon.

Reply to
hopeful

Classic symptom of a Vacuum leak. Get a hand-operated vacuum pump and check all hoses, the check valve, reservoir can, vacuum motors. When vacuum is low/lost in the system, it reverts to the default position which is the air-flow to the defroster. Easy enough to check, or you can pay to have it done/corrected.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

You either have a vacuum leak or the vacuum check valve is bad. Make sure the vacuum cannister connection is connected properly.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

It is not a check valve. It is either in a line in dash, the control for it or the dashpot itself (a vacum leak is somewhere here)

SnoMan

do you have 4x4 what year f150 I've noticed a lot of rodent activity on this forum

Reply to
monkeyboy via CarKB.com