F150 duel tank problem

It seems like most of the people I know who have F150's with duel tanks can only use one tank. I was going to try to trace down the problem in my brother's 94 F150 but knowing what I am looking for would be a big help.

In many vehicles there is one pump in the tank and another closer to the engine. Do some F150's use this system for each tank? Has anyone else here had to fix this problem? Was it the switch or a pump problem?

Stephen ---> glad I went for the 100l tank.

Reply to
Stephen

I had, and now my dad has, a 93 f150 with dual tanks. Never had a problem. There are three fuel pumps: one in each tank and one closer to the engine.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:48:15 -0400, Charles Perry rearranged some electrons to form:

The pumps in the tank are low pressure, and the one on the frame rail is the high pressure pump.

Reply to
David M

I have suspected that if it is a pump problem it must be with the tank pump. The truck dies as soon as it is switched over to bad tank. I am going to try to have a look at it this weekend. Any other input would be greatfully accepted!

Thanks,

Stephen

David M wrote:

Reply to
Stephen

This has often been discussed in this group - try a google search. One thing you may find is that they changed from mechanical to electric shuttling in about '90. There was a thread on this about a week ago.

Reply to
ken kerrison