F150 starting problem

Need some suggestions:

I have a 2002 F150 with the 4.6 engine. Last June my wife came out of a store and the truck would turn over fast and normal but would not start. It wouldn't fire or anything.

After letting it sit for about 45 minutes it started right and ran just fine. I replaced the fuel pump relay with a new one thinking that it might have just been sticking occasionally.

We have driven it over 1500 miles since that time without a single problem until today when the same thing occurred. We let it sit for 30 to 40 minutes and it started right up and will probably run fine for another 4 months without incident.

I'm at a loss but was wondering if anyone else ever had a similar problem? Or what I could look for.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Ole

Patskey ???????

"Theft" lite flashing ??????

try the spare key

Reply to
johanb

The theft light does not flash when the problem occurs

Reply to
Ole