F150 Steering Wheel In/Out Adjustment: When?

It finally dawned on me that the steering wheel on some F150s can be moved in/out as well as up/down.

I found this on a 2011 vehicle.

But I'm shopping for a used vehicle.

Can anybody name the first year for the in/out feature?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

2011. Not before.
Reply to
marlin.singer

Per snipped-for-privacy@verizon.SPAMDAM.net:

I guess I have to find an earlier vehicle and actually try it, but can anybody comment on the steering wheel distance on those earlier vehicles?

If it's as far out as the 2011 fully extended, that's good - for somebody who has the seat all the way back and wants tb able to drive with elbows resting on arm rests.

If it's more like the 2011's adjusted close to the dashboard, that's not good.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)