F150 wheels

Hi all. New to the group and recently picked up an 89 F150 lariat 4x4. Wanted to know if the back spacing and bolt hole are the same as current models? And if not, would you know what years are the same?

Reply to
Dave Lee

Not sure about the backspacing, but in 89 the lug pattern was 5x5.5". Starting in 97-03, they went to 5x135mm. With the 04 they went to 6x135. As far as 5x5.5", you can go from 96 back as far as I have ever owned and F150. That was a 78. I am sure it goes back farther, but not how far.

Reply to
Marlin Singer

The newer Ford trucks do not use the same bolt pattern as the older ones. I think the cut off is 97 or 98. The older ones were 5 on 5.5 but the newer ones are metric.

Reply to
Shane

5 on 5 1/2 goes back to 1947 for trucks...

SteveL

Reply to
pakeha