F250 4x4 axle ratio

Well, found a good used '87, obviously has a newer motor/transmission (302 MFI and a 5 speed overdrive xmission)

Can't find much in the way of readable data tags anywhere yet.

VIN tag in the door indicates the axle ratio code B9, I believe that the axles are the original. The rear is huge compared to the one in the '72 F250 I've had for eleventy million years. Could it be a 1 ton? Full floating, of course, huge hub, 8 long lug studs like it would take at least duals. A Ford 10.5? There is a small tag held on by one of the cover bolts, S127G on the top row, 551023A29 on the bottom row, numbers don't look like anything I can find in Chiltons. They don't carry the detail they used to, can't find the tables I need looking on the internet yet.

Any help out there for me without yanking the HUGE cover off of this thing and counting gear teeth?

Appreciate any help in advance......

Reply to
beblount

According to the chart...