F250 diesel engine block heater

How does the engine block heater work on 2004 F250 diesel enginees? Does it heat the water jacket, or the oil, or something else?

Thanks!

Gary

Reply to
Gary N

If it is like older ones it heats the water jacket in the area where the oil cooler is. The oil cooler uses the water jacket to cool the oil.

Reply to
Chris Hill

I have a 2000 with diesel. I am not sure how you would define what it heats. On my truck the red power cord enters the engine right above the oil filter mount. You should be able to see it without removing the filter on the back side of the filter mount.

Reply to
Martin Rogoff

The older ones ACTUALLY had the heater in a Core Plug hole on the passengers side. Opposite side from the oil cooler and filter. FWIW.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Right next to it is the long cylindrical-shaped thing, that is the oil cooler.

Reply to
Chris Hill